Skip navigation

Black and Neon Screen

2441 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 4:23 PM by frederic1943 RSS
Shana Hampton Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 20, 2011 6:20 PM
Hello,

My nephew did something to my laptop and now everything on my screen is in neon colors, webpages are black with neon writing and pictures, and my applications all show up black with neon writing. I was hoping someone could tell me how to put it back to normal. I went to appearance under system preferences and I didn't see anything.

Thanx!
Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • stedman1 Level 8 Level 8 (49,890 points)
    Mar 20, 2011 6:41 PM (in response to Shana Hampton)
    Hi Shana: Try this: Press the following 4 keys, all at the same time. Ctrl, Alt, Command, 8.

Hope this helps
    Stedman
    MBP 1.83, 2gB RAM, iMac (Al) 2.4, 4gB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone4, iPod mini, iPod shuffle, iPod Touch, Apple TV
  • stedman1 Level 8 Level 8 (49,890 points)
    Mar 20, 2011 6:47 PM (in response to Shana Hampton)
    Hi: You are quite welcome. It always amazes me that children and small pets have a built-in knack for finding that key combination.

Stedman
    MBP 1.83, 2gB RAM, iMac (Al) 2.4, 4gB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone4, iPod mini, iPod shuffle, iPod Touch, Apple TV
  • saphelps1 Calculating status...
    Jul 23, 2012 3:01 PM (in response to stedman1)

Looks like my granddaughter, almost 2, found that key combination every where.  I was freaking out!!!  Glad I wasn't the only one who googled "macbook display neon looking"

Thanks for the tip and I'm definitely writing this down (and going to enter that key combination on the wife's iMac just to mess with her)

• frederic1943 Level 6 Level 6 (9,970 points)
    Jul 23, 2012 4:23 PM (in response to saphelps1)

To prevent this being accidentally activated in the future go to SystemPreferences>Keyboard>Keyboard Shortcuts>Universal Access and uncheck all the boxes.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.