3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2013 1:25 PM by Gary Scotland
abejero Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
I have an application (Income taxes) that suggests I download Marlett Font, which I did-- the file is on my desktop (Marlett.suit.sit). When I try to add it to my Font Book, it is not "lit up" so I cannot select it.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

abejero

e-Mac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • Niel Level 10 Level 10 (270,775 points)
    Download StuffIt Expander and use it to open the file.

(57353)
  • Patri Friedman Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I had a similar problem trying to print a PDF from Safari, which tried to use Acrobat Reader to do the printing. I got an error that Martlett was not installed, and the print preview looked blank. I fixed it by downloading the PDF and opening it using Preview. Apparently Martlett is hidden on macs for some reason, I think Acrobat cannot "see" it but Preview can.

• Gary Scotland Level 6 Level 6 (10,570 points)

Apparently Martlett is hidden on macs for some reason, I think Acrobat cannot "see" it but Preview can.

This is incorrect.

Marlett has never been installed with Mac OS. It was created by Microsoft as one of the system screen fonst for the Windows user interface. As has been stated, Marlett can be purchsed from font vendors and installed on Mac for use as a font.

The reason the PDF could display and print using Marlett is that the PDF file would contain an "embedded font" of Marlett.