Skip navigation

ipad charger and iphone charger

2053 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2011 2:50 PM by Sass RSS
Sass Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 21, 2011 9:54 AM
I have both an ipad and an iphone. I'm wondering if the ipad charger is " for the iphone "too strong" for thew iphone or if I can use it for both devices.

Sass
Macbook Pro 2.66, Macbook Pro "Block", MacBook Air, iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6), iPhone 4, iPad
  • paulcb Level 6 Level 6 (18,675 points)
    Mar 21, 2011 10:51 AM (in response to Sass)
    You can use your iPad charger with the iPhone. It is not 'too strong'.
    HP DV7 Laptop, Windows 7, iPhone 3G 8GB 4.2.1
  • Jim VanLeeuwen Level 6 Level 6 (18,820 points)
    Mar 21, 2011 12:59 PM (in response to Sass)
    iPhone and iPod: Using the iPad 10WUSB Power Adapter, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4327

While designed for use with the iPad, you can use the iPad 10W USB Power Adapter to charge all iPhone and iPod models. When charging an iPhone 3G with a 10W USB Power Adapter, you may notice that the battery indicator does not increase. If this occurs, or if your battery indicator doesn't update after charging, restart your iPhone 3G to display the correct battery level.
    27" iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPad+3G, iPhone 4, 6 iPods

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.