Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad charger and iphone charger

I have both an ipad and an iphone. I'm wondering if the ipad charger is " for the iphone "too strong" for thew iphone or if I can use it for both devices.

Sass

Macbook Pro 2.66, Macbook Pro "Block", MacBook Air, iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6), iPhone 4, iPad

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 10:51 AM

You can use your iPad charger with the iPhone. It is not 'too strong'.
3 replies

Mar 21, 2011 12:59 PM in response to Sass

iPhone and iPod: Using the iPad 10WUSB Power Adapter, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4327

While designed for use with the iPad, you can use the iPad 10W USB Power Adapter to charge all iPhone and iPod models. When charging an iPhone 3G with a 10W USB Power Adapter, you may notice that the battery indicator does not increase. If this occurs, or if your battery indicator doesn't update after charging, restart your iPhone 3G to display the correct battery level.

ipad charger and iphone charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.