Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse won't turn on AT ALL.

I have had my Magic Mouse for over a year now. Recently it started saying its batteries were getting low, I usually ignore it because they last quite a while before they actually die, it quit working so I assumed it needed new batteries.

I turned off the power switch, took off the cover, removed the old batteries, installed the new batteries, replaced the cover and turned on the power switch.

The green LED doesn't turn on at all. My computer specs are below, I purchased a USB bluetooth adapter for MacSales and it has always worked fine with my Mighty Mouse and Magic Mouse. I even put the batteries I used to replace the ones in my Magic Mouse in my Mighty Mouse and it works just fine, connects to my G5 just like it should.

I love my Magic Mouse and would like to continue using it but it seems like its dead now.

PowerMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.8), PowerPC G5 2.3GHz Dual Core, 4.5GB RAM

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2017 10:13 PM

Thanks Badaloof and Vermonter!

I just pulled my mouse out of storage - it's been hiding at the bottom of a basket (not in its case) for about a year.

I flicked the on/off button - no power - so changed the batteries - and still no power. I began freaking out a bit, thinking something may have been sitting on it, and caused it to break - but then thought to check online.

Hallelujah - I found this feed.

Combining a few tips - I wiped the connector points, put my new batteries in - Energiser Golds - flicked the on/off switch to on and then pressed them down in the middle before replacing the battery cover - BINGO - mouse is working... like MAGIC. It was the tip to press the batteries in the middle that was the trick!

Cheers much!

64 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2017 10:13 PM in response to badaloof

Thanks Badaloof and Vermonter!

I just pulled my mouse out of storage - it's been hiding at the bottom of a basket (not in its case) for about a year.

I flicked the on/off button - no power - so changed the batteries - and still no power. I began freaking out a bit, thinking something may have been sitting on it, and caused it to break - but then thought to check online.

Hallelujah - I found this feed.

Combining a few tips - I wiped the connector points, put my new batteries in - Energiser Golds - flicked the on/off switch to on and then pressed them down in the middle before replacing the battery cover - BINGO - mouse is working... like MAGIC. It was the tip to press the batteries in the middle that was the trick!

Cheers much!

Jun 14, 2017 6:58 PM in response to Initial Wesley

Thank you man!🙂 i had similar problems and then i did what u said. The green light blinked and the mouse started to work perfectly😁. I have my mine since 2012 and stopped using it after 2014 for such reasons as it would not turn on😟. Now i got back to using my magic mouse and it works flawlessly😮😊.

Another bonus tip: Spray some AB40 spray near the -ve and +ve ends of the mouse. It will prevent these sides to get corroded and removes humidity if any.

Sep 12, 2011 6:31 AM in response to DeathCubeKX

Samne problemo here, I have tried every single battery on earth (obviously not) and it doesn't seem to turn on AT ALL!! the indicator lights don't turn on and what's more, the same batteries I used (which used to work) doesn't work any more.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, help!!!

Jan 18, 2017 1:43 AM in response to DeathCubeKX

I've been using the same batteries in my mouse from lidl for months with no problem. Then for a couple of days intermittent disconnection to the problem you're having after replacing the batteries. My intelli Magic Mouse appeared to of died. And replacing the batteries with new similar ones to no avail. An Internet search brought me to this page. I read through the posts then decided to do another internet search where I discovered a similar post on anotheir website giving options on how to fix the Mac mouse that won't work. Apparently when replacing the batteries in the mouse the springs don't always fully lift up. One trick is to put new batteries or ones you know are working in the mouse, then switch it on. This I did and still no green light. You then turn the batteries with a finger. This helps the springs in the mouse to fully extend. Bingo! As soon as I stared to rotate the batteries the green LED came on and stared flashing. One live fully working Magic mouse.

Jan 18, 2014 7:30 PM in response to DeathCubeKX

I don't actually know how my magic mouse started working. One fine day when I came back from home, turn on my mac and my mouse, the mouse won't start all all. I subcribed to this post to try out the suggestions but nothing ever worked. Duracells definately didn't work. I took my mouse to the apple store and showed it to them and they suggested that I buy Apple's chargable battery, fortunately and unfortunately I fell short of $5 and couldn't buy the batteries.

I went home and deceided to get it one more try, I took the new kinds of duracells (the one with the power meter) adn plugged them in and voila! It work, not only did my mouse started working, it lasted for nearly 1 and half months. Considering I use my mouse everyday.

Try to get those duracells witht the funky 'power meter' the one your press and it shows you the amount of energy left. I think their slightly bigger and more powerful, so their a perfect match for the mouse.

🙂 Hope this helps. 😉

Magic Mouse won't turn on AT ALL.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.