Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon LBP6200 Printer not working anymore after update to 10.6.7

i dont know if this is to do with mac osx or canon's printer

i try reinstall the driver but it just dont work

obviously, apple need to work with canon to solve this problem

hope for a update coming soon enough

cannot live without my printer 😟

Macbook Alu., Mac OS X (10.6.7), Canon Printer

Posted on Mar 22, 2011 4:39 AM

52 replies

Mar 22, 2011 5:34 AM in response to Jim61

Could you click the printer when it appears in the dock and describe what's going on?

Also could you go to System Preferences > Print & Fax, select the LBP6000 from the left-hand panel, click "Options and Supplies", then click the "Driver" tab and confirm which driver is being used?

Thanks

Mar 22, 2011 6:02 AM in response to Jim61

Ok Jim, could you go back to System Preferences > Print & Fax, select the LBP6000 from the left-hand panel, click "Options and Supplies", then click the "Utility" tab and click "Print Test Page". Also click "Open Printer Utility" and confirm that the LBP6000 shows up and confirm what is listed under "Type".

Finally if still having problems try removing the printer from the printer list in System Preferences > Print & Fax, and then restarting your computer and reinstalling the printer again.

Mar 22, 2011 6:26 AM in response to Cliffeec

I am getting basically the same problems with my Canon LBP7200 printer. It will print graphics and photos but no text. Have followed many of the same options as discussed in the thread plus done a complete reinstall of the printer and drivers after deleting them and running disk repair on permissions as directed by Canon but still no joy. Not sure if this helps identify Canon or Apple (or both) as the culprit. Whoever is at fault (and I accept it might be me) please find a solution.

cheers

Mar 22, 2011 6:58 AM in response to Darren R

Our business has 11 Canon LB3250 printers and they do not print fonts after the update to 10.6.7. The print images, but no text from any application. We have tried reinstalling drivers, disk repair and resolving font book duplicates, all to no avail. It would appear something in the 10.6.7 update has disabled the Canon CUPS print driver for USB printing...

Mar 22, 2011 11:01 AM in response to Zlig

I bought a Canon LBP3100 three weeks ago. It was working fine until I updated to 10.6.7 this morning. I spent a good part of the day talking to Canon and Apple support. It is clear there is an issue with the driver under the latest operating system. Canon said they didn't even know there was an update out and hadn't a clue when a fix will be available. Apple advised me to reinstall 10.6.6 which I am reluctant to do. In the meantime I'm left without a useable printer in my office. So much for customer service. Something has gone badly wrong somewhere.

Mar 22, 2011 4:04 PM in response to Zlig

Hi Zlig, When I click on the Utility tab there is no option to print a test page. Clicking on Open Printer Utility opens a window that identifies the printer as the LBP6000, tells me it's in Power Saving mode and has blank Current Print Job details.

I have already tried removing the printer, restarting and installing again to no avail.

Hopefully the updated driver will be out soon.

Thanks once again for your assistance.

Best regards,

Jim

Canon LBP6200 Printer not working anymore after update to 10.6.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.