Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 & AT&T - Possible to tether when not on 3G?

Curious if you are able to activate the hotspot feature when on wi-fi only? For example, I would like to connect an iPad to my AT&T iPhone but only when connected to a wi-fi network. iPhones get free wi-fi access, so maybe I could tether when on the public hotspot with changing my 3g data plan to the tethering option. Or when the phone is connected to another restricted wi-fi hotspot.

Make any sense?
Mark

Message was edited by: Pfeifler

Dell m6300

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 1:39 PM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2011 10:56 PM in response to Pfeifler

Right, of course, that you cannot tether while on WiFi, but I do suggest submitting this request as an enhancement.

I may be part of a minority situation, but when I travel with wife and boys, connecting each iPhone, Pad, and Pod separately to WiFi is tedious. When on EDGE or 3G, their devices all connect to my hotspot automatically, since I have already entered the password once. Why not allow me to share the WiFi in the same manner?

iPhone 4 & AT&T - Possible to tether when not on 3G?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.