Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost ringtone and messaging sounds

Hi,
My Iphone 4 has lost all its sounds for incoming calls, messaging in and out. I pod is fine. Ringtones is turned on, vibrate works, volume is up--no sounds. Have I turned something else off by mistake.? Tried a reset- nothing. Phone is ok when talking.
Any ideas please?.
Greg

homemade, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 2:53 PM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2011 3:00 PM in response to greg1015

To be honest these are the solutions that may or may not work.

First thing I would try is rebooting the phone by holding the sleep/wake button and home button for 15 seconds until you see the white apple logo.

If that doesn't work I would restore from backup. If that doesn't work I would restore as new. If all else fails take it to your closest apple store they may replace the phone for a working one..

Mar 23, 2011 5:00 PM in response to greg1015

All sorted. Like I said it was probably something I had done. It seems that keys in same pocket as phone knocked the little MUTE slider above volume control buttons to the Mute position. A drop of glue will stop that tomorrow-if I need to mute phone, I can always turn it off.
Gone a bit red with embarrassment. Oooops
Thanks,
Greg

Lost ringtone and messaging sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.