7087 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 24, 2011 1:52 AM by carl wolf
Currently Being ModeratedMar 24, 2011 1:52 AM (in response to Hot Streak)A glass of diet cola slipped from a friend's hand, and a wave of liquid landed on the keyboard (2008 15" MBP). I immediately turned my computer upside down, with the cover open. I powered the computer down, removed the battery, wiped off the visible liquid, used a vacuum cleaner to suck out liquid through the keyboard, and - with the computer still upside down - I focused a room fan to blow over the battery bay and, using the screen as a deflector, had the cool air blow through the keyboard. Two days later, I plugged in the battery and power adapter, and powered the computer up. It worked perfectly. I then took it to an authorized Apple reseller (I live in Bangkok), and had a technician disassemble and clean the computer thoroughly. For all of his trouble, he charged me 500THB - about $16US.I'm in the "Best Thai Movie of 2010". Woohoo!