Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emergency File Problem Logic 9

Hey I wonder if anyone could help and save my life.

I am trying to open a Logic project and every time I get a message where it is trying to locate a sample.

The message is - ( Creating Overview for "name of sample") and there is a progress bar which doesn't move. I also get a Quantize window opening with a progress bar which doesn't move, and the project is frozen - the only option being to force quit from toolbar.

Does anyone know a way around this. It's a really important file and I need it - arghhh!

Thanks Nick

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHZ Core 2 4gb, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 3:37 AM

4 replies

Mar 24, 2011 3:59 AM in response to plainyboy

This is a new one to me...

Can you play the non-progressmaking showing progressbar audiofile in iTunes? Or even Quicklook? Do you have the "calculate faster (may affect...)..." option checked? Any change if you check it or uncheck it?

What you could also try is open a fresh empty project and use the Browser tab in Logic to import all tracks & content from the "hanging" project.

Mar 24, 2011 8:54 AM in response to plainyboy

Try to find out if it is just one particular track giving this problem. Create a new project (again!), import the first suspect track, save, quit, reopen, problem? If not, import second track save, quit, reopen, problem? repeat for all tracks until the problem rears its' ugly head again and you've pinpointed the/a "guilty" track(s).

Emergency File Problem Logic 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.