Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar not syncing to iCal on iMac

New appointments made on iPhone are no longer syncing to iCal on my desktop. Almost missed two business meetings this week. Trying to reset history on iSync doesn't work because the button is greyed out.

Seems others are having this problem, but no solution posted yet.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone 3Gs white 32GB, iPad 32GB

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 9:40 AM

31 replies

Mar 27, 2011 11:59 AM in response to LRicci

More bad news. I found that I could Reset in preferences of iSync when iTunes was running. However that did not solve the problem as I synced several more times. At the end of the day, I couldn't shut down and finally turned off iMac to force it down. This AM I can't start up iMac as it freezes at the grey screen w/logo. I'm working on a PC to meet my deadline and then off to Genius Bar with it.

Mar 28, 2011 5:00 AM in response to LRicci

I just started having this problem as well. If I didn't notice I could have missed shifts at work. I've been synching my iphone & mac calendars for the last month since I got the phone with no issues now it won't work. Been trying everything I can think of with preferences but no luck.

This just made buying an iPhone useless for me if I can't sync with my mac iCal.
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Please help us

Mar 28, 2011 6:54 AM in response to marcusbrodieman

Are you iPhone events showing up on your me.com account? if so it is a problem from the cloud to the Mac, if not it is a problem from the iPhone to the cloud.

Interesting observation: when you click a day after opening calendar, the information disappears, the gear starts spinning and it shows up again - like it is contacting the cloud and pulling it down again. This happens even to the events that are only on my iPhone indicating that they are in the cloud somewhere but were not showing up in me.com calendar in the cloud.

Here is what I did and my iPhone started working again, at least for the one event I added to my iPhone:

Go Settings>Mail>Account(your email address with the account>mail> slide to OFF, tap delete from iPhone - give it time to delete all

NOTE: any events you have added to your iphone that have not synced will be lost.

Mail>slide ON - the gear will start spinning and after a while all should be back on your iPhone.
Add an event and tap done, the gear should start spinning and after a while it will be on your mac.

Mar 28, 2011 6:17 PM in response to LRicci

SOLVED! Here is what did the trick for me after so many other attempts that did not work.
Evidently I mussed up the recent software update to the OS, which resulted in a grey screen attack on Sunday morning. I vaguely remember working in a program while the update was running. That probably caused some errors and after a few days of causing nuisance problems, including fouling up the sync from iPhone to iMac Calendar, and finally crashing to grey screen.
I went to the Genius Bar and they confirmed I have no hardware issues, and that my recent OS update was corrupt. They got me running again and suggested that I reinstall the OS from the original disk when I got home (I couldn't leave the machine there for a few days to have them do this). I did this and now the sync works perfectly.
I've been here before and was SHOCKED at how easy reinstalling the Operating System is on a Mac. You don't lose any of your settings, files, preferences. Not at all like the nightmare caused when you reinstall the OS on a PC.

To do this, get your OS disk that came with your computer (or the latest OS disk if you are using a later version). Turn off the computer. Insert disk. Hold down the OPTION button on the keyboard and then turn on the computer from the power button behind the screen. The screen will flash and then show your harddrive and the disk, asking which to boot from. Choose the disk. Answer a few questions about language and approval and then let it run. Takes about 45 minutes. I think it also needs to reboot. Do what it says. Then Click on the Apple at the top and select Software Updates. Install the updates that have been wiped out. Reboot again.

I'm good at this point, hope these breadcrumbs help someone else!

May 26, 2011 3:44 AM in response to LRicci

Same problem just started here too. Events created on the iPhone don't sync to either MobileMe or iCal and after a few sync attempts get deleted from the iPhone calendar which is a real pain. Additionally, contacts appear to be syncing one way only (Contacts to iPhone). I just bought an iPhone 4 specifically for the reason that syncing an Android handset to my MacBook would not have been as straightforward but maybe I should have thought for a while longer....

Nov 4, 2011 12:25 PM in response to LRicci

I"m having this same problem. all appointments made in iCal on my MacBook sync onto Calendar on my iphone. However, appointments made or modified in Calendar on my iphone DO NOT sync in iCal on my MacBook. This just recently started to happen after I upgraded my MacBook OS to Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I'm using an iphone 4 with software version 5.0. I do not use Mobile Me. I am not using iCloud.

My itunes settings are set to backup the phone to my MacBook computer and Sync iCal Calendars is selected.

I have tried a whole bunch of work arounds and I don't seem to have a solution.

Does anyone have a suggestion. This is very concerning to me. I essentially can not use my iphone to manage my schedule because none of the additions or edits are showing up in my iCal.

thanks for the help!

Garth

Nov 19, 2011 3:59 PM in response to garthfromcalgary

I too am having the exact same problem and I think I know what is causing it but I don't know how to fix. I recently changed my google/gmail security settings and I believe I selected Ical for 2 step verification. If you did that here is a video on how to "change" the 2 step verification : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMabEyrtPRg&t=2m13s

ok, I "fixed" the issue of events i create on my iphone in Ical not showing up in my ical on my macbook pro. I believe the problem had to do with the google/gmail calendar issue. I don't use my google/gmail calendar so I went into settings>>mail, contacts, calendars ...went down to calendars and changed default calendar from "gmail" to "home" and now everything works fine.

I hope this helps

Dec 8, 2011 2:03 PM in response to LRicci

No fix for this yet? Same issue for me. I'm using Mac OS-X and the iPhone 3GS. Had recently updated the iPhone software to get all of the new goodies like Find my Phone and voice control and icloud. Missed a couple of appointments before I realized what was happening. I don't want to stop using iCloud so I'm just going to have to remember to check the calendar on the phone, I suppose.

Calendar not syncing to iCal on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.