Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cupstomcdufr2 quit unexpectedly

Just started recently (last week or so). Trying to print to a Canon iR-ADV C5051.
--------------
Process: cupstomcdufr2 16160
Path: /Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2/cores/cupstomcdufr2/Contents/MacOS/cupstomcdufr2
Identifier: cupstomcdufr2
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: cupsd 15361

Date/Time: 2011-03-24 11:50:11.697 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)
Report Version: 6
-------------

Has anyone seen or experienced any issues like this? I guess I'm about to uninstall and reinstall drivers.

MBP 15' i5 SSD+HDD in Optibay, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iphone 4g, ipad 3g 64gb

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 8:53 AM

10 replies

Mar 24, 2011 2:39 PM in response to uuzinger

Canon had released a later version of the UFR2 driver that resolves a few issues with 10.6.7, although I have not seen this exact same error with 10.6.7. Still it is worth you downloading the latest UFR2 v2.24 driver.

Before you install I recommend that you delete the old UFR2 print queue in Print & Fax and then open Finder and navigate to Library > Printers > Canon. Here you will see the UFR2 folder - trash it. Then navigate to Library > LaunchAgents and trash the file "jp.co.canon.UFR2.BG.plist". Restart the Mac and then install the new v2.24 driver and add the print queue was the installation is complete.

Jan 7, 2013 4:31 AM in response to uuzinger

I've just updated my 2010 Macbook Pro from 10.6.8 (I think it was) to 10.8.2 and am getting this same error ("cupstomcdufr2 quit unexpectedly) whenever I send a print command to my workplace's Imagerunner Advance 6055. Have installed what seems to be the latest driver, and it's made no difference. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks.

Jan 7, 2013 4:39 PM in response to hcrunyon

hcrunyon wrote:

Have installed what seems to be the latest driver, and it's made no difference. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks.

The installation of the latest driver will not override all files from the previous driver. So I would recommend you remove the printer queue to the ADV 6055, trash the UFR2 files and then install the latest UFR2 driver.

To remove the UFR2 driver from the Mac, open Finder and navigate to HD > Library > Printers > Canon and trash the UFR2 folder.

Next, navigate to HD > Library > Launch Agents and trash the file "jp.co.canon.UFR2.BG.plist".

The last step is to navigate to HD > Library > Printers > PPDs > Contents > Resources and delete the files shown as CNTD***Z*2*.ppd.gz, where *** indicates a character string that represents the printer model and *2* indicates a character string that represents the corresponding language.

With these files removed, restart the Mac and log in. Now install the lastest UFR2 driver, add the printer queue to the ADV 6055 and see if this lets you print without error.

Feb 27, 2013 3:22 PM in response to PAHU

Not sure if you are still tracking this thread but I'm having the same issue printing PDF files. I've followed your directions and receive the same error. Let me know if you have any other advice.

Process: cupstomcdufr2 [3457]

Path: /Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2/Cores/cupstomcdufr2/Contents/MacOS/cupstomcdufr2

Identifier: cupstomcdufr2

Version: 2.43 (2.43)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: cupsd [99]

User ID: 26

Date/Time: 2013-02-27 18:19:18.407 -0500

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C2034)

Report Version: 10

Anonymous UUID: 697D3EC4-40E6-EB15-6636-A811C81B47CE

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000032326261

Jun 10, 2014 1:25 PM in response to uuzinger

NOT A DRIVER ISSUE. This was the real problem for me:

The power point I was trying to print was created in France, I'm in the US. TO FIX- Create a new file, copy and paste the content from the file that doesn't print to the new file, and save the new file. Wah-la!

Yes, I tried simply saving the .pptx to a .ppt - didn't work. I still didn't believe it was a driver issue because I could print other documents from microsoft office and other programs to the same printer.

If this is true for you, it could be the same fix. Otherwise, check out the driver comments above. I visited the canon drivers page and something varies slightly between versions depending on location. Sorry I don't have more details, but that's the gist of what was on Canon's site.

cupstomcdufr2 quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.