Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it.

Some of my apps have available updates but this is the response I get when I try to update: "To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it." I am bewildered since I only have one account that I am already signed into. How do I get the apps to update? What account is the app store talking about?

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 12:11 PM

Trash the apps, resart the App Store, and the update button should read install.

App Store still has bugs...

Thanks ... Ken
92 replies

Mar 28, 2011 9:45 PM in response to vurlix

Thanks! That bogus "You have updates available for other accounts" message has been driving me around the bend. Ok, that worked; the "Update" button beside Xcode changed to "Install", which downloaded Xcode 4.0.1, and I managed to get it installed.

Which leads to the next obvious question. I hadn't even noticed that Apple was wasting multi gigabytes of my HD by leaving the installer lying around after the install was finished. Will the App Store get thoroughly confused if I delete the 4.0.1 version of /Applications/Install Xcode.app, which is now wasting "4.59 GB on disk (4,588,473,878 bytes)" of my HD?

Jul 20, 2011 9:29 PM in response to xmit

I started having this same issue after installing Lion...

Before anyone says anything... I just purchased a brand new hard drive off Amazon for my new Lion OS, installed it, used a LEGIT actual copy of the Snow Leopard install DVD, upgraded to 10.6.8 via software update, went to the App Store, and downloaded my once again legit, purchased copy of Lion, along with the Server addon (which I haven't tried yet).

Lion loaded, nothing installed other than the base operating system. No programs, nothing other than what comes straight from the DVD of Snow Leopard and then gets installed by Lion.

Thoughts?

User uploaded file

It's my account... it lists both OS X Lion and Server purchased... and installed... Which is partially true. I don't have Server installed yet.

It's telling me there's an update.

User uploaded file

Under the update tab, I get this...

While I like Angry Birds (have both the original iPhone app and then the HD release for the iPad), I never, nor will I ever purchase it for use on my MacBook Pro...

What is going on? I tried deleting the app store plist file, it worked after a restart, but reappeared...

To update this application, sign in to the account you used to purchase it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.