Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 9.1.3 Recorded audio out of sync with MIDI and project tempo

I have an iMac 27 with the i7 chip, 8GB memory, 2TB disk, OSX 10.6.7 (just applied), an Apogee Ensemble audio interface, and Logic Pro 9.1.3 running in 64-bit mode. I have just started experiencing this problem. I create MIDI tracks for a software instrument to do some drum tracks. The drum tracks lay down fine and playback fine. I now record a guitar playing along with the drum track. The guitar looks fine while recording, but upon playback, it seems that the guitar is playing back at a totally different tempo than the drums. I do a Detect Tempo on the audio track, and indeed it comes back as a different tempo than the project. I have been recording audio with MIDI for years with Logic. This has NEVER been a problem. I set up the same scenario (same instruments, etc.) in Garage Band and it worked fine. Everything was in sync. Projects I did before this one (all with MIDI and recorded audio) play back fine. Is there some setting I tweeked inadvertently? I'm not positive but I think this started happening when I did the OS upgrade to 10.6.7, but again I'm not sure. Any thoughts on what I can check? The clock settings are all OK, the bit rates and audio format settings are OK. This is a major show-stopper for me. I make my living recording and producing music. Any help is appreciated.

iMac 27" with i7chip, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 8GB memory. Apogee Ensemble audio interface.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 3:08 PM

8 replies

Mar 24, 2011 7:05 PM in response to bradrose

The sure fire way to take your playing ability (or anyone else's) out of the equation is to record the click that Logic is generating. Stick the mic to the speaker and record a few bars of that. Then, play it back with the click. If they don't match...eeek.

Note: be sure the channel fader is down on the audio channel in record mode of you'll feed back.

Good luck
Paul

Mar 25, 2011 2:33 PM in response to Imc Music

Imc Music wrote:
Hi,

I have similar issues here aswell. My audio wether recorded or imported never sync in time with the arrange window. This makes editing a real problem, any thoughts???

This is a different issue, you need to start your own topic, more people will see it and you will stand a better chance of finding a solution.

pancenter-

Logic 9.1.3 Recorded audio out of sync with MIDI and project tempo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.