Skip navigation

Still a problem

714 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2011 10:02 AM by fruhulda RSS
MrSteveee Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 24, 2011 4:50 PM
I am still daunted by the problem described here: http://discussions.info.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11039025

That discussion is locked, but the problem persists, which is that the *contextual menu (right-click) on Pages stops working*. Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? If not, here are my observations so far.

1. It happens when using both an external mouse (both Magic and Mighty), Magic Trackpad and the laptop trackpad by itself.
2. It is document specific, meaning I can restore functionality by quitting and reopening the document. Quitting Pages.app is not necessary to restore right-click.
3. It happens with our without BTT (BetterTouchTool) enabled.
4. It happens randomly.
5. It has plagued me on several laptops, including two MBP and now a MBA, despite clean re-installs and numerous attempts to delete preference files and every other suggestion in the former thread.

So, anyone else having this problem or find a solution?
2010 MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 13", 2.13 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 256 SSD
  • Level 8 Level 8 (41,760 points)
    Mar 25, 2011 4:19 AM (in response to MrSteveee)
    MrSteveee wrote:
    I am still daunted by the problem described here: http://discussions.info.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11039025

That discussion is locked, but the problem persists, which is that the *contextual menu (right-click) on Pages stops working*. Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? If not, here are my observations so far.

1. It happens when using both an external mouse (both Magic and Mighty), Magic Trackpad and the laptop trackpad by itself.
    2. It is document specific, meaning I can restore functionality by quitting and reopening the document. Quitting Pages.app is not necessary to restore right-click.
    3. It happens with our without BTT (BetterTouchTool) enabled.
    4. It happens randomly.
    5. It has plagued me on several laptops, including two MBP and now a MBA, despite clean re-installs and numerous attempts to delete preference files and every other suggestion in the former thread.

So, anyone else having this problem or find a solution?

Never got such a behavior so, it's difficult to guess what is wrong in your system.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) vendredi 25 mars 2011 12:19:27
    To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !, Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • fruhulda Level 6 Level 6 (14,830 points)
    Mar 25, 2011 10:02 AM (in response to MrSteveee)
    Nor do I have the problem. I read through the old thread and to me it seems it is the BTT 0.5157 and your mouses that are clashing.
    Have you updated the BTT? Have you tried deleting the app, restarting and see if it works better without it??
    PPC MMD (10.5.8), MBP 15", Mac OS X (10.6.6), 4 GB DRAM

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.