Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6.7 update resulted in continuous wifi drop outs

I have a 2009 MBP and 2010 MBA both of which were connecting fine to my router under 10.6.6, after updating to 10.6.7 using software update both now drop wifi connection (it is not the router cos it was working fine and i can still connect via iPhone and iPad).

please can anyone help as currently connected via ethernet.
thanks

Macbook Air/Macbook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.7), 32gb iphone 4, 64Gb ipod touch, ipod nano 16Gb, ipod 160Gb

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 5:23 AM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2011 12:02 PM in response to NRG1970

See not all routers remain within spec with each operating system update. Apple introduced 802.11n compatibility long after it was initially accepted into draft, but before it was finalized. If the operating system is not in sync with the router firmware, issues can start to happen with your wireless. Updates refine firmware compatibility to optimize speed and security. In doing so, some routers may have fallen off the compatibility list until their firmware is updated. It is a constant game of cat and mouse.

10.6.7 update resulted in continuous wifi drop outs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.