Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2008 MacBook Pro - no display (can't boot)

2008 (early) 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo - my macbook won't boot. Last night I left the system on while connected to an external monitor (as I have been doing for the past couple of years) - this morning I attempted to wake the system up, but it wouldn't. The external monitor remained on the "check signal cable" message that appears when the mac sleeps. I unplugged everything and opened the lid, but nothing. I had to force a shutdown - and when the system boots now - I see the light on the front edge - but no screen activity at all. Also, I don't get the chime. I've attempted all troubleshooting methods and thought maybe it has to do with the nvidia card problems (that is the only thing covered under warranty right now) - but when I contacted Apple support, they said if it was the nvidia card, I would hear the chime - since I don't, that isn't the case. Any support either way on this? If the video has failed, will the system even boot to the chime?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2.4 Core 2 Duo - 4 GB

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 10:17 AM

There are no replies.

2008 MacBook Pro - no display (can't boot)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.