Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I print to my HP Laserjet 4050?

Can I print from my iPad to my HP Laserjet 4050?

It is not included in the list of AirPrint printers but I wondered if there is a work-around.

Thanks

20" White iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo, iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Mac user since 1984

Posted on Mar 26, 2011 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2011 5:04 PM

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia/
4 replies

Apr 25, 2012 6:48 PM in response to larrybobba

Yes ... but the how depends upon how you want it to work and how much functionality you need.

If the 4050 is connected via Ethernet (has an IP address).. then you might try Print Magic HD.
It works, but will only print what's on the Pasteboard (select stuff, then copy) or Photos or "Documents" ..
A "document" is a PDF file that exists in Print Magic's iTunes Shared Directory (this last feature is extra cost.. although only $1.99 in iTunes).

This works for those things listed above... things you can copy to the Pasteboard (like Clipboard in Windows) .. photos or PDF files in the shared iTunes folder.

If you want to be abe to print other things .. .say Notes or emails .. and without copying them to Pasteboard .. then you can use AirPrint Activator (Google for it) ... this is software you install on your Mac or PC . but this only works if the printer is attached to/shared from the Mac or PC ... which means, the Mac or PC must be on for you to use this solution...

Can I print to my HP Laserjet 4050?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.