Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

random video playback

Hi,
I have posted this request for the past couple of years. I am amazed that some simple program cannot do the following -
Play video clips in random order. That's it. That is all it has to do.

I am only sending this post to you since you are a top user here and seem to know a lot about this stuf, and I was reading this discussion on video mgt programs.

iTunes will allow you to play a list of videos but only in order from top to bottom. If you try shuffle it freezes. I've talked to Apple techs about this too and other third party vendors like Boinx. Random video playbacks are not featured in any program out there for all I know.
It would be nice too if the program could equalize the sound level too from video to video - that's all it would have to do.

Is there a reason why this is so hard to do? I have a mac mini attached to a Apple Cinema and I like to show video clips from Vimeo and other places but not always in the same stale order from top to bottom. Yes I can drag and re-order the playlist, but sure would be nice to have it all done randomly and to keep a constant volume level from video to video.

thanks - if you have any ideas or can help
Why can't Front Row have a feature like what I'm asking for ?
I must be the only guy that would like to have videos play randomly.

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 8:09 AM

2 replies

random video playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.