Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Flags will not work - any suggestions?

All photos in my library (25,000+) have become flagged by mistake. Now neither recommended steps to remove flags is working i.e.

1. Select Flagged from Sources and then click "Remove Flags" on top right hand side of window.
2. In source list click the number of flagged photos and the number will switch to an "X" , click this to remove all flags.

Neither of these steps are working - any suggestions?

I am using iPhoto 11

Thanks - Paul

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 10:12 PM

Ok, I'm not an "expert" in the forums but, I think I can help. Try this:

1. In the menu on the left hand side of iphoto you have all of your categories i.e.. events, photos, faces, places etc.. Click on "photos"

2. once your entire library is displayed in the main window, select all by either command/A or the "select all" in the edit drop down menu.

3. once all photos are highlighted with the little gold frame, click on "clear all flags" in the photos drop down menu.

4. Watch the little beach ball spin for a while (depending on how many photos you have)

And your done!

PS- I tried this myself right before I answered this, so it should work. Hope this helps
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2011 10:12 PM in response to paul0c0

Ok, I'm not an "expert" in the forums but, I think I can help. Try this:

1. In the menu on the left hand side of iphoto you have all of your categories i.e.. events, photos, faces, places etc.. Click on "photos"

2. once your entire library is displayed in the main window, select all by either command/A or the "select all" in the edit drop down menu.

3. once all photos are highlighted with the little gold frame, click on "clear all flags" in the photos drop down menu.

4. Watch the little beach ball spin for a while (depending on how many photos you have)

And your done!

PS- I tried this myself right before I answered this, so it should work. Hope this helps

Apr 7, 2011 2:08 PM in response to hosko817

Thanks - go to that to work eventually.

Because I have recently added photos what were not flagged (26K of 27K photos were flagged) the Photo Menu shows "Flag" option when I selected all.

So I took the brave step of flagging all.

Then the Photo Menu option switched to "Unflag".

This worked after waiting for a while.

Thanks for the help and workaround.

Rgds

Paul

Remove Flags will not work - any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.