Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime Pro truncating .mov conversion to .wmv

I recently upgraded to QT Pro to be able to convert .mov files to .wmv for Windows colleagues (I have the required Flip4Mac plugin). Upon converting my .mov files (which are Apple GIF animations about 8 Mb in size), I find the file is truncated in half. What gives? The .mov to .avi conversion runs to completion but has very poor resolution.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 7:49 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2011 8:01 AM in response to joanfitzpatrick

(I have the required Flip4Mac plugin)... What gives?

What do yo mean by "required Flip4Mac plugin?" If you are referring to the "free" plugin, then it only includes a demo version of the WMV export codec which only allows limited partial export of content. At a minimum, you need the the $49 Flip4Mac package to export complete files to WMV.

User uploaded file

Mar 28, 2011 9:10 AM in response to joanfitzpatrick

Are you perhaps attempting to export at a size larger than Standard Definition? You need Studio Pro HD to export frame sizes larger than SD. You need WMV Studio Pro to be able to tweak the settings, so if you're trying to use anything other than the presets, that might also be your problem.

If those possibilities don't apply and you continue to have problems, you might try asking for assistance in the Flip4Mac forums:

http://forum.telestream.net/forum/

Regards.

Quicktime Pro truncating .mov conversion to .wmv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.