Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari - Too Many redirects error

This error is quite specific to any FarmVille links within Safari. I have raised the issue with Zynga, but I have since realised that this issue has occurred since upgrading to iOS 4.3.1. and Zynga aren't currently reporting any known issues like this. Anyone else having a similar problem? If I click/touch and FarmVille links within Safari I get the following error "Cannot open page. Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred."

I have yet to test on Safari on my iMac to see if the issue is specific to the iPad.

iMac Intel 20" / 2.66GHz / 2Gb RAM / 500Gb HD, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPod Touch 32Gb (2nd Gen) / iPad (1st Gen) Wi-Fi 32Gb

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 4:01 PM

A couple of months ago there was a similar post on redirects. I do not remember any more.
8 replies

Jun 12, 2011 6:32 PM in response to Ian Lewis

You can avoid re directs using Open DNS.

Tap Settings / Wi Fi then select DHCP.

Where you see: DNS

Type in these numbers exactly as you see them here.

Restart your iPad. Open DNS is free, adds security and includes anti phishing filters.

The information at this link is for DNS for a computer but the information should help.

Topic : Manually provided DNS server addresses are higher priority than DHCP's

Sep 21, 2012 2:53 AM in response to Ian Lewis

This could help:

I have got some trouble with my broadband at the moment . the download speed goes up and down.

To dusgnose the proplem, I have try to open a google document with safari on my Iphone4, it shown this same message: "safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred"

I try to change the DNS address on my configuration on my the rooter. no change.

I try to clear cookies and data in Safari settings on my Iphone4. no change.

I swicth off Wifi, and select 3G network only, It did work no message any more.

I would say that in my case the error message was coming from my broadband or my wifi rooter.

Safari - Too Many redirects error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.