Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

one audiobook showing up as two

I have a couple of books that I ripped from CDs into iTunes. Even though the album name, artist name, etc. is identical, they're showing up as separate books. Disc 1, 2, 3, and 7 are in one book and Disc 4, 5, 6, and 8 are in another. This happens with some books and not others.

Any ideas? It's so annoying!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 12:48 AM

_*Converting CDs to iTunes Audiobooks*_

also check out this excellent user tip by Steve MacGuire.
9 replies

Apr 3, 2011 11:28 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for trying. I've done all this... except joining tracks, I'm not trying to get them to play joined. They chapters are labeled 1a, 2a, 3a, and so on. The album name, artist name, etc are identical. I changed it from 9 discs to 1, since the tracks are all labeled in order. Nothing works. Itunes insists upon viewing this book as two separate books.

Apr 4, 2011 12:14 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes... I did see that and I had tried all the different combinations of that. Deleting info, changing it to random info. Here's what just now finally worked... changing it to all one disc (1 of 1) and deleting all the track info. I don't know why that was the problem, since other books have been able to retain their track info and still be grouped as one, but that seems to have been the problem here.

Thank you. 🙂

Jul 20, 2011 10:53 AM in response to atuconamor

Same thing here, after hours of playing with it:

One audio book had a box checked "Part of a compilation" and the other one did not.

• You'll have to right click each file in the "separate" book one at a time (highlighting more than track one will not reveal the option you're looking for).
  • Go to "Get info"
  • Go to the "Info" tab
  • Check the box that reads "Part of a compilation" (if it's already checked then it's the other book which you'll need to go through each track and check this box)

Also as stated above author and disc name must be the same on all (which can be done all at once).

Voila, all reads as one book now.

Jul 20, 2011 1:23 PM in response to Netguru2000

Yep, as stated in Grouping Tracks Into Albums consistency is the key.

When you select multiple items a blank box might mean that all the items have a blank value for that field or it might mean that there is more than one distinct value. However when the field is represented by a drop down list, e.g. Yes or No then one value will always be displayed even when different files have different values. In the case of part of a compilation, Yes means yes but No means maybe.

tt2

one audiobook showing up as two

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.