Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 RUNNING SLOW/WHY/HELP

This is a refurbished unit which was given to me as a replacement for my original iPhone 4. I am noticing that the iPhone is just very laggy and slow with certain tasks. Such as opening/closing the camera applications, opening/closing the app store, downloading apps, loading up apps, playing games... the list goes on. Never really had these issues with my other iPhone. I have done 3 software restores and I still notice the lag.

Help!

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 5:54 PM

14 replies

Mar 28, 2011 7:21 PM in response to modular747

So Modular747, your diagnosis is that the iPhone and all its services and third party applications are perfect and if it's found not to be operating absolutely perfectly just return it for service?

I'd appreciate an understanding as to WHY the iPhone could be running slower and perhaps how to repair it and avoid the issue in the future (with said repaired iPhone from the Genius Bar).

Mar 28, 2011 10:52 PM in response to Anthony Sbarro

So Modular747, your diagnosis is that the iPhone and all its services and third party applications are perfect and if it's found not to be operating absolutely perfectly just return it for service?

No, if you read what I said, troubleshoot your phone. if you get to the final step, restoring as new, and that doesn't help, there certainly is a hardware problem that needs warranty service.
I'd appreciate an understanding as to WHY the iPhone could be running slower and perhaps how to repair it and avoid the issue in the future (with said repaired iPhone from the Genius Bar).

Usually it's low memory state with an open loop process running in the background. Usually closing "recent opened" apps and resetting takes care of it. Sometimes there are corrupted data and settings and you need to restore as new. Not all that rarely, hacked downgrading the iOS, jailbreaking or attempting to do so tanks the phone.

Mar 31, 2011 6:42 AM in response to marinnn

Well the same thing happens every year. They release an 'Update' which slows everything down, so you'll have to buy the new model.

Maybe it's a dumb idea having one iOS for all mobile devices. It seems that the latest iOS releases are geared for more powerful devices, (next release), NOT the ones we actually have.

iPhone 4 RUNNING SLOW/WHY/HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.