Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 and ATT 2Wire router

Just got my new Ipad 2 today. Pretty excited to test it out and can't connect to my ATT 2WIRE router. Anyone else having this problem? Mac Book Pro, no problem, Iphone 4(two in the house) no problem. Ipad 2 gave me a can't connect error first then gave me a bad password message. Took it to Starbucks and got right on there.... Help!! Wi-fi Ipad 2 is no fun if it doesn't work at my house 😟

Ipad 2, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 6:53 PM

12 replies

Jun 21, 2011 3:44 PM in response to jasonbunnell

I had the same problem, now is solved, thanks to an AT&T Tech Support.

All you need to do is go into your 2Wire Home Network - Wireless Setting & change the "Wireless Channel" from 1, 6 or 8 to any other number, I went with 5. It seems that channels 1, 6 & 8 are the most common channels therefore some systems may get confused by surrounding signals.

I did that & changed the power setting to "10" & everything is working perfect.

I hope this helps... Good Luck.

Jul 2, 2011 4:48 PM in response to tj valley

My 2wire quit talking to my IPAD several days ago. Kept asking for my password. But would not recognize it. Read these threads and nothing worked. Talked to at&t and the tech guy said it is not looking for my password but the modems encrytion key. I typed the key in as my password and bingo. Everything works. Cost $50 bucks for the info but, we all learn.

Dec 8, 2011 2:58 PM in response to edmundk3

Thank you, Edmundk3! I am soooo grateful. I opened the new ipad up and the surfing was soooo slow. I have a 2wire modem and I changed the Wireless Channel and Power setting with the settings you recommended and now I'm surfing along swimmingly! Thank you! See steps below:

Re: Ipad 2 and ATT 2Wire router

Jun 21, 2011 3:44 PM (in response to jasonbunnell)

I had the same problem, now is solved, thanks to an AT&T Tech Support.

All you need to do is go into your 2Wire Home Network - Wireless Setting & change the "Wireless Channel" from 1, 6 or 8 to any other number, I went with 5. It seems that channels 1, 6 & 8 are the most common channels therefore some systems may get confused by surrounding signals.

I did that & changed the power setting to "10" & everything is working perfect.

I hope this helps... Good Luck.

Ipad 2 and ATT 2Wire router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.