Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store language mix

I have a strange bug in Mac App Store on all my Macs (all three have latest patches installed, one is really new, just three weeks old):
My systems are configured with german language, but for a few weeks now the Mac App Store (and only the Mac App Store) shows a strange mix of german and englisch, as you can see here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7221091/Bildschirmfoto%202011-03-29%20um%2011.33.02.png

The application is in english, only the category buttons in the window show english labels, and the corresponding menu entries in the Shop menu are also in english and not in german. I am not really shure when this started, maybe with the 10.6.7 patch, when the Mac App Store was introduced with 10.6.6 everything was fine.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I have to wait until Apple fixes this?

Marcus

Macbook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz, Mac OS X (10.6), 4 GB RAM, 512MB Video RAM. 320 GB Harddrive

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 2:44 AM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2011 3:04 AM in response to Marcus Muench1

Hi,

Definitely report this to MAS Customer Support here.

Try this... open a Finder window. Select MacintoshHD in the Sidebar on the left then open the Library folder then the Caches folder.

Moe the com.apple.appstore and the com.apple.storeagent files to the Trash

From the same Library folder open the Preferences folder.

Move these files to the Trash: com.apple.appstore.plist and com.apple.storeagent.plist

Same Library folder open the Cookies folder. Move the com.apple.appstore.plist file to the Trash.

Restart your Mac and see if that has any effect on the language issue.

Carolyn 🙂

Mar 29, 2011 3:35 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for your suggestion, but this only helped for a second or so. After restart I started the Mac App Store, and for a second the button labels where in german, but then they switched to english. Very strange, all language settings in my system are german, and the selected store also is the german store.

I will report this to Customer Support.

Mar 29, 2011 1:35 PM in response to Marcus Muench1

Well, the support here: http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/contact.html?form=account

could not really help me, they say they are the iTunes Store customer support "related to billing, downloading, customer accounts, and the items available on the iTunes Store." Well, ok, but I chose the Mac App Store support. Hm.

So they really cannot help me. Who can?

Mar 29, 2011 1:36 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn Samit wrote:
I was hoping that would work for you.

More troubleshooting help here.

maybe with the 10.6.7 patch

Not sure if you are referring to the v10.6.7 combo. If not, you can try installing the combo to see if that helps the language issue. It's available here.

I updated via the automatic software update, I will test the combo update and report here.

Mac App Store language mix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.