Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme USB not registering hard drive or printer

I've got an AirPort Extreme with firmware 7.5.2. It works as a wifi router fine. However, when I connect a printer or external harddrive to the USB port, nothing registers (when viewing it from the AirPort Utility). I've also got Bonjour Print Services for Windows installed, but the printer doesn't show up there either.

Am I missing something? Is there a setting I must change?

Everything I've read simply states "plug the device in the USB" and that's it. If only . . .

Thanks.

AirPort Extreme, Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 8:07 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2011 8:34 AM in response to JHarris535

Hello JHarris535. Welcome to the Apple Discussions!

Did either or both of these devices show up before and just stopped appearing in the AirPort Utility or have you never been successful in either ever appearing?

If the latter, it may be possible that AirPort Extreme's USB port or the USB cable(s) may be faulty. Even if either device cannot be accessed, as a minimum, they should appear in the AirPort Utility. I would first suggest that you perform a "soft" or "hard" reset on the Extreme. If that doesn't solve the problem, I would next suggest a visit to your local Apple store to confirm the port's operation.

AirPort Extreme USB not registering hard drive or printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.