Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported photos color change

I am importing a large number of jpeg photos taken with a dig camera. Some of the photos show broad horizontal stripes across the photo and some have total color changes from the original. The original dig photos all are fine. Just some of the imported ones have these problems.
What has happened, and what is the fix?

2.66 Quad Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 1:42 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2011 7:54 AM in response to David Harbsmeier

The images are photos take by me on digital Canon cameras in 2008 and stored in the computer hard drive since transferred from the cameras. I am in the process of building a photo almanac for that year and copied the photos into FCE. Many of the copied photos show horizontal colored bands or some photos are completely color distorted. These are not in the timeline but are in folders in the project files section and have not been rendered. I have not transferred them to the timeline. The photos are RGB.
I think I will delete everything and start over. The original photos are fine.
I have made many videos on iMovie and FCP and never seen this before.
What do you recommend?

Mar 31, 2011 6:59 AM in response to David Harbsmeier

Interesting development:
I have resisted deleting these photos and starting over. Today with one of the affected photos open in the viewer, I moved the shuttle control for no reason, the color bars disappeared, and the full photo was in view. To retest this, I opened several more affected photos and tried the same action of moving the shuttle control left or right and the color bars or color distortion disappeared revealing the true photo. When I closed FCE, I did not request a save, so I will go back to see if the changed photos reverted to the color bars/distortion.

Imported photos color change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.