Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noise cancellation microphone

Hi.
Is there anyway to be really sure if the noise cancellation mic is working? I mean, like an app that test the hardware or something like that..
I'm asking this, beacuase, for exaple I tried to make a video with background loud music and me talking at the same time. I was expecting the music to be filtered but that didn't happened. Maybe It's the Camara app that doesn't use the noise cancellation feature, but I'm not sure.
Please, I want some opinions!

Dell XPS M1530, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 4:47 PM

4 replies

Mar 29, 2011 5:13 PM in response to arcticguy16

"
While most phones have only one microphone, iPhone 4 has two. The main mic, located on the bottom next to the dock connector, is for phone calls, voice commands, and memos. The second mic, built into the top near the headphone jack, is for FaceTime calls and for making your phone calls better. It works with the main mic to suppress unwanted and distracting background sounds, such as music and loud conversations. This dual-mic noise suppression helps make every conversation a quiet one."

http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

It is not state of the art recording/motion picture industry equipment. It simply improves the quality over the one mic.

Noise cancellation microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.