Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing EXS Samples - again...

I know this issue has been widely reported and searches on both this forum and Google turn up a mass of results, but for that reason I'm hoping someone can help me with the best easy solution.

I'm running Logic Pro 9.1.3 on OS X 10.6.7 and have discovered 4 missing samples affecting exs24 instruments.

The affected presets are:
Klick Bass
Noise Bass
Noise Cut
Sub Bass
Noise Comp
Spectrum Stack 01
Spectrum Stack 07
UniSyncH
UniSyncL

*The missing samples (the cause the prompt) are*:
Klickbass84.wav
NoiseBass96.wav
UniSyncL.wav
UniSyncH.wav

These are just the first sample in each preset group.

I have tried reinstalling all 3 of the Jam Packs as I can't find the files on my (internal) HD where everything was installed in the default locations. I checked the paths in the exs editor and it shows me that the files are not found where they are expected. (Nor anywhere else on my system).

I've tried using Pacifist to explore the Jam Pack discs but as there is no pkg file I can't see where I need to look to copy these files from.

Any help please?

iMac 2.93 GHz, iMac 2.8 GHz, MacBook 2.4 GHz, Powerbook G4 867 MHz, iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 10:51 AM

16 replies

Jan 11, 2013 5:30 AM in response to StuartH

StuartH wrote:
I've tried using Pacifist to explore the Jam Pack discs but as there is no pkg file I can't see where I need to look to copy these files from.

If I recall correctly, the pkg files are invisible on these disks.
You could get a utility like InVisibles or anything that will temporarily make invisible files and folders visible. Then Pacifist would work....

I looked on my drive and the samples you're missing all have have earlier modification dates than the rest.

I could e-mail the samples to you if you can't find them.

Message was edited by: Colin Shapiro

<Email Edited By Host>

Jan 5, 2012 8:09 AM in response to StuartH

Hi Colin,

My apologies for being so forward. I am at a complete stage of depression, frustration and exasperation. I was putting the final touches to our new studio album when the offer of upgrading to logic 9 for £140 came through on email. I naturally jumped at the chance and stupidly assumed that being Apple, everything would be ok.

I am not even sure how many files are missing but most of my album is now not in a playable state.

So far, and this is just a cursory glance as I have over 100 songs recorded in logic, I seem to be missing

Steinway Piano

Studio Heavy Kit

Studio Tight Kit

I noticed that you quite kindly offered a copy of certain sample to some other users in a similar position. If you could do the same for me I couldn't begin to tell you how grateful I would be.

I hope you get this and are well my friend,

Yours Sincerely

David Muir

Jan 6, 2012 1:52 AM in response to Davebo73

Hi David,

If the Steinway is missing, then you probably haven't installed all the sampler content files and there's probably lots of other stuff missing too.

My suggestion is this:

Get Logic v9.1.6 (if you don't have the update already).

Go to the [Logic Pro] menu and select [Download additional content]

In the next window, see if everything is listed as "Installed". If not, just download all the missing files.

If you bought the DVD version of Logic, then you can also look "into" the installer files using Pacifist. It's a great app that allows you to open Package installers and select what you want to install.

Here: http://www.charlessoft.com/

I was trying to help those folks above in this topic, but realise I may be breaking some kind of copyright arrangement by doing this, so I'd prefer to pass this time. Hope you understand.

Regards

Colin

Jan 11, 2013 4:17 AM in response to -Nick

Please see one of earlier replies above:

I was trying to help those folks above in this topic, but realise I may be breaking some kind of copyright arrangement by doing this, so I'd prefer to pass this time. Hope you understand.

And my suggestion:

If you bought the DVD version of Logic, then you can also look "into" the installer files using Pacifist. It's a great app that allows you to open Package installers and select what you want to install.

Here: http://www.charlessoft.com/

Missing EXS Samples - again...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.