Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 13" Macbook Pro Clicking noise?

First Day with this macbook pro and i am hearing a clicking noise on the right side. It is about every 30 seconds.. is anybody else having this too?
My room is really quiet, but it is weird that it happens every 20 - 30 seconds.

'11 13" Macbook Pro i5, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 9:03 PM

13 replies

Apr 6, 2011 6:39 PM in response to Jawk

I got my Apple refurbished 13" Macbook Pro about a week ago and when I place my palm down to the right of the trackpad to type the machine makes a clicking noise. No disk in the drive. For the $ I don't think I should have to worry about it but am not sure if it is a serious problem or not.

Oct 18, 2011 6:45 AM in response to Jawk

My wife and I just got MacBooks (love them) but also heard a clicking noise every minute or so. We timed it and hers clicked every 2 minutes. I thought that some process was reading the drive and had trouble with one sector and the drive would click 4 times. She took her computer in to have the Apple Geniuses look at it. They did not hear the click.

When she got back it clicked again. I had her turn off the sound...no clicks. After investigating, we found out that is was OUTLOOK! It is the sound it makes when it checks for email and there are no new messages. Playing the sound confirmed it and unchecking the box solved it. There were 4 clicks because she had 4 accounts being checked every 2 minutes.

What kind of idiot programmer picks a sound that sounds like a disk problem? Anyway, for some of you this might be the fix.

DB

2011 13" Macbook Pro Clicking noise?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.