Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can receive but not send email

Here's the message I get

Mar 31 16:59:04 myserver postfix/smtpd[9339]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Mar 31 16:59:04 myserver postfix/smtpd[9339]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 504 5.5.2 <myserver>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname; from=<test2@myserver> to=<XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<myserver>
Mar 31 16:59:04 myserver postfix/smtpd[9339]: lost connection after RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Mar 31 16:59:04 myserver postfix/smtpd[9339]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]

Is the problem the @myserver which should be my FDQD @mdng.co.nz. Where do I fix this?

Mac Mini Server

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 9:03 PM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2011 1:21 PM in response to MrHoffman

I have hostname set as mail.mdng.co.nz under server admin>mai>general settings. This is my mail server. Does this sound right?

I logged into my server's webmail from work today and I was able to both send and receive email with no problems. It therefore only seems to be sending mail from a client/server within my network that gives the above problem. Does this help?

Mar 31, 2011 2:09 PM in response to dazza222

dazza222 wrote:
I have hostname set as mail.mdng.co.nz under server admin>mai>general settings. This is my mail server. Does this sound right?

That matches forward and reverse DNS and an MX record, so that looks reasonable.

I logged into my server's webmail from work today and I was able to both send and receive email with no problems. It therefore only seems to be sending mail from a client/server within my network that gives the above problem. Does this help?

Is your client configured to use authenticated communications with your mail server?

Anything in your mail server log when the failure occurs?

Can receive but not send email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.