Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 disk mode

Hi,

I recently purchased the ipad2 64gb 3G. I'm using the new MacBook air to sync. Everything is fine however I can't seem to get my ipad2 in disk mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 6:43 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2011 7:56 AM in response to Elevation2

One thing you have to understand - there is no file system the way there is on a computer. Each app maintains its own data files. There is not central place that all data files are kept and accessed by all apps. In iTunes you have to drag files into the corresponding app and then the files sync to that app's file space. There are apps, like padsync, that let you do the same thing without going through iTunes, and some apps are able to get/send files to iDisk and/or Dropbox, but the basic idea remains - each app maintains its own files.

Apr 6, 2011 11:04 AM in response to Elevation2

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

When i plug in my ipad using windows it shows up as a drive in portable drives and gives me an option to a) import pics and vids and b) open device to view file. THis is useful for me as i can simply drag my camera roll pics to my desktop instead of importing. I basically want to put my other videos (mp4) on to the camera roll of my ipad so i can edit them in imovies on the ipad. Or is there any other way to use imovies for ipad to edit imported videos?

This is basically what i wanted to do on my mac.

????

Thanks again

iPad 2 disk mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.