Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Cams

I am looking for a web cam for my Mac Pro. I was in Best Buy the other day looking when I noticed that none of the web cams they had were rated for Mac OSX. Im looking for something that will work with Skype and an Apple Computer ofcourse.

MacPro & MacbookPro, Mac OS X (10.6.1), 2.8 (8X)...10GB Ram...640GB HDD/VISTA 32...10GB Ram...320 GB HDD/640HDD for Audi

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 5:04 PM

7 replies

Apr 3, 2011 11:18 AM in response to Michele Bugliaro Goggia

Hi Michele - Question for you. I recently purchased the 2nd camera on your list (Logitech Quickcam Vision Pro 9000 for Mac).
You may know this or you may not but I'll ask just in case...
Other than the camera actually working, how can I tell if my MacPro computer recognizes it? Is there a place on the system settings page that identifies WEB CAMS? if so, where would that be? I couldn't find it on the systems preffs page.

My quickcam doesn't want to work with Screen Flow (recently updated). When I go to configure it, the thing works fine (in the configuration box only). When I go to record, it shuts off (the lighted ring fades out) and I get a message saying that the computer doesn't regognize the chosen camera. It's so weird.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

Apr 8, 2011 11:59 AM in response to l_elephant

I bought a Dynex webcam last month for $20 from BestBuy because the guy there said it was the only one that was supported by OSX. It works pretty well. I don't see a model number on the cam, let me see if I can find it on Amazon...

Ah, here it is. It's simply called the Dynex 1.3 MB webcam. http://www.amazon.com/Dynex-DX-WEB1C-1-3MP-Webcam/dp/B001AO2Q5W/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1302289069&sr=8-1

Web Cams

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.