Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot print from Canon MF4412 through USB port of Time Capsule

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a new Canon imageCLASS MF4412 and cannot print while connected to the USB port of the time capsule. I can print and scan perfectly when connected directly to the mac.
This is the exact steps I took:
1.After connecting the usb cable to the back of Time capsule, I go to the sys pref pane to add a printer.
2.It shows up as a 'Bonjour' and I had to manually select the driver.
3.It added fine and I thought everything was setup.
4.However, when i go to print something, there's an error. "Canon URF II Printer Driver"

"Cannon communicate with the printer, or the printer is not supported. If the printer is supported, check the printer connection and add it again. Then, if the Print Dialog box has a [Printer Info] button, acquire the printer information: 10322"

Anybody know of a solution?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 1:42 AM

5 replies

Apr 3, 2011 2:03 AM in response to Kawin

If the MF4412 only has a USB port, then there is no solution. The issue is caused by a limitation with the OS X version of the UFR2 driver and has been the case for the last 5 years.

If the MF4412 has an Ethernet port then you could look at using this to connect to the Timer Capsule or some other router if it exists on the network.

Aug 28, 2012 9:08 AM in response to PAHU

I got a similar problem on MF4412, the canon 4412 is connected the newest airport extreme , it get configured. But I got same problem described about on my leopard, lion, even worst on iOS, it does not find the printer. But I got a Windows 7 starter NetBook ...haha it works, I can print it from Windows. what is the problem then,it works on Windows but not Apple's OS??????

Jul 16, 2015 3:23 AM in response to Kawin

I got the same problem but solved it just now go to the canon india site and download the printer software for mf4412 for 10.9 or any other you are working

or download it from the link below and just run this software on your mac. this will remove the printers from your printer n fax preference. now you can add the printer again and now it will be working

http://support-in.canon-asia.com/contents/IN/EN/0100454501.html

Cannot print from Canon MF4412 through USB port of Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.