Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I rename images in the Camera Roll?

Is it possible to rename images in the camera Roll on the iPad?

Thanks

Macpro 3GHz Dual Quad, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 1:16 AM

13 replies

Apr 4, 2011 10:25 AM in response to Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas wrote:
Thank You.

I know it's possible, because I have an app that resizes images then saves them back to the Camera Roll

As I understand it what you want is not possible (at this time) for 3rd party apps.

When a 3rd party app wants to edit a file all it receives from the OS is the data and some metadata, no file name data is available. When the file is 'saved' out only the data and some metadata is saved by the OS using whatever name is currently assigned and it can only be saved in certain places.

This is the way it was the last time I looked at the APIs, it may have changed or if not may change in the future.

Oct 26, 2013 9:53 AM in response to Pete Thomas

Hi Pete,

Iad the same problem... I would send photos from my iPad to my husband on his laptop (windows). He could open one photo but not the others because they are all called the same file.

He and I figured out you can send multiple images from the Photogene App. In the app homepage where you see the photos you want to adjust/edit: top right click 'select/collage'. Then touch the images you want to send, they display a green checkmark circle, go to top left of the same screen, click 'export', choose the e-mail option and you're done. In the e-mail on the laptop the images have different names and can be displayed.

OR: in iTunes look for the App 'Pic Send'. Needs iOs 6 or later versions.

Hope this helps you!

Bonny

May 9, 2016 12:38 AM in response to Pete Thomas

You need FilePhoto - Allows a user to take a photo and save as, when you connect device to iTunes all the photos are saved and instantly recognisable by the save name. I use this for large scale tree surveys where trees have a specific tag number. Allows me to save the photo by the tree tag number and I then know which photo relates to which tree in the survey list, simple and easy to use.

I hope this helps others as it took me ages to find this app!!

Mark

How do I rename images in the Camera Roll?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.