Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

History disappeared

Last night I had all my history but today, when I woke it up in the morning, I found that all the history has been deleted, even the searches (recent searches) at Google were also deleted... And AFAIK, I did not delete anything related with Safari’s history. Weird thing is that I still have my cookies :S

Message was edited by: asoksevil

MacBook Air 13" 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 12:42 PM

8 replies

Apr 4, 2011 1:01 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I did a test and that’s likely impossible because before you can clean all history, you need to confirm it, so it’s not like you miss pushed that botton twice to confirm it. Anyway, if there’s no solution it’s okay, reason why I like to have my history it’s because I can see what I searched in the past.

I don’t think any 3rd party software or plugin has caused it since I’ve been running just 3 plugins since the very beginning (YouTube5, ClickToFlash and AdBlock) and never had any problem.

Thank you so much for your effort and interest Carolyn

Message was edited by: asoksevil

Apr 10, 2011 5:16 PM in response to asoksevil

I have recently had the same problem. A few days ago, my entire history was deleted and ALL my bookmarks were gone. I also have my history set to be removed manually as I often need to go back. Cookies have not been deleted and my home page has not been changed. I have not been able to figure out how to retrieve either of these and I am about at the point where I want to throw this machine out the window.

Jun 4, 2013 11:27 PM in response to asoksevil

Several months ago my brother and I had had several politically charged emails. Soon after that it seemed that my key strokes we're displaying much slower than I was typing. Something told me that I was being watched. I decided to check my history to find out which site I had visited that had sparked "someone's" interest. My history was gone for the days my brother and I had had our discussions. I emailed him and asked if his history was gone for those days too. It was. He has a MS based laptop, had Wild blue ISP and used gmail. I have a macbook, use Verizon wifi and use msn mail. The point I'm making is this: with all of the shenanegens the Justice Department has been up to for quite a while now, is it possible that your emails and/or sites visited may have made "someone" want to look a little closer at you? So they kept your history and didn't put it back?

Jun 30, 2014 6:33 PM in response to danilcha

Restarting Safari magically restored my history.

Before that I had history window full of dates (I keep 1 year history) with "0 items" near every date but the last couple of days.

Restarting Safari worked for me as well. I encountered this issue when travelling from the US to Australia. My guess is the History in Safari is somehow affected by changing the time zone in the System Preferences.

History disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.