Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac screen keeps waking up for no apparent reason

Here's a fun one. So we all know you can put your Mac screen to sleep by pressing control shifteject on a Mac keyboard. This is what I usually do with my iMac as I tend to have it doing something at night (be it downloading, processing large files, ect.) but lately the screen only seems to want to sleep for about 10 minutes or so before it will turn right back on.

My old MacBook Pro used to do this but you could actually dim the screen right down to zero anyway so it wasn't that big of an issue. You can't do that with an iMac.

I've heard mention that it might be bluetooth related and I am using an Apple bluetooth keyboard and Magic Mouse but it seems to be doing it much more often of late. I thought it might be a battery issue but even with fresh batteries the issue continues.

Anyone know what's going on?

27" iMac11,3, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Intel Core i7 2.93Ghz / 12GB RAM / 1TB HDD / ATI 5750HD @ 1GB VRAM

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 1:17 PM

3 replies

May 28, 2011 7:26 AM in response to Doug_S

Next time you want to put your iMac screen to sleep, try switching off the Magic Mouse, wait for the notification to come up on the screen telling you the Magic Mouse has been disconnected, wait for it to disappear then press the keyboard shortcut to put the screen to sleep. See if that helps and we'll go from there. If that doesn't help, can you just say wether the screen always turns back on the same time every time?

Hope that helps

David

iMac screen keeps waking up for no apparent reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.