1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 5, 2011 1:32 PM by Jonathan Renouf1
Jonathan Renouf1 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
Hi all,
I'm getting the dreaded Error 13019 message. Since I upgraded my G5 Mac to a MacPro I've been unable to sync without this message.
I've deselected all the possible sync options, but I still get the error. I've removed some duplicate voice memos - that makes no difference (and anyway I've deselected "sync voice memos", so it shouldn't matter what's in there).
I've created a new user account, and when the phone was initially plugged in the 13019 message came up. However, when I then manually chose sync, it seemed to complete the sync (although of course there was nothing to sync as this was a new user account).
Any ideas?
Thanks
J

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • Jonathan Renouf1 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    A couple of additional details:
    When I connect the iphone, it always comes up with 13019 automatically. If I then manually sync it goes through some of the procedures, but then at the end comes back with 13019
    When I try and open the ipod, it comes up with the message "you must sync with your computer before you can use iPod". So it's treating the iphone as if its never synced music before.
    After I've unchecked all the options for syncing and then checked them back on, photos are uploaded back to the iphone, even though the 13019 message comes back at the end. But the apps stay unloaded even after I've rechecked them. And of course the music hasn't synced either.
    Thanks
    J