Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4 coming on automatically overseas

I have an American AT&T iPhone 4 that I have brought to Australia with me. Since I got here it comes on automatically. I had it turned completely off and when I took it out it was on and had a text about roaming costing $19.95. I turned it off again and next time I took it out it had once again turned on automatically without me and had the same text again. How do I stop this? And am I being charged $20 every time it is happening? I have data roaming turned off.

IPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 11:07 PM

1 reply

Apr 5, 2011 11:49 PM in response to zadnor1

I had it turned completely off

How did you turn it off? The only way to get if off is to hold the sleep button until the Power Off slider appears, then slide it.
and when I took it out it was on and had a text about roaming costing $19.95. I turned it off again and next time I took it out it had once again turned on automatically without me and had the same text again. How do I stop this?

Airplane mode, or remove the SIM. You can use WiFi.
And am I being charged $20 every time it is happening?

They might charge you for an international text message, but it shouldn't be more than a dollar or two.
I have data roaming turned off.

That won't stop voice calls or text messages.

IPhone 4 coming on automatically overseas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.