Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Benq E2220HD 22" LCD Monitor

Hi

Ive just got my Mac mini 2010 model today and have just found out it doesnt work with my monitor (HP w2207h), so ive seen this monitor for sale and wondered if anyone else had one working with a mini so i dont waste my money on another monitor or if you could recommend a monitor.
Thanks

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 2:04 AM

7 replies

Apr 6, 2011 6:54 AM in response to Spiderma

There is no need for drivers for any monitor that has HDMI and 1080p resolution.
Even DVI offers a digital oonnection.

The only monitors you'd have to worry about are those with less than 1080p resolution, or VGA only inputs. Even then there are adapters for the Mac in either software or hardware that can help.

The only thing you have to concern yourself about drivers are:

printers, scanners, some USB audio and video devices, and some hard drives you have to make sure that their preinstalled backup software doesn't interfere with the Mac's ability to understand them.

Feb 24, 2016 3:40 PM in response to Spiderma

I ran into this same problem. Just ordered and received the BenQ G Series LCD monitor 27" and it did not come on even when connected via HDMI. I fiddled with it for a minute and found that there are switches on the monitor. If you are connected via HDMI you have to select that.

I don't know how other models are set up, but the switches on mine are right by the power switch. You can sorta follow your nose through the process.

As soon as I did that, it came right up.

The monitor looks pretty decent. I have it sitting beside my fairly new Apple Thunderbolt display. I was pretty worried that by comparison it would be terrible, but it's not bad at all. I just couldn't afford two Thunderbolts.

Benq E2220HD 22" LCD Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.