Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LiveType will not render in FCP

I have been using LiveType with Final Cut Pro for 3 years with no problem. Now when I try to render the Live Type file in FCP and the message I get is "File Error:Access Denied". I have trashed my Live Type .plist in Preferences and that did not help.

Mac Pro Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2x 2.55 GHz, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 9:49 AM

11 replies

Apr 7, 2011 11:03 AM in response to Christina Rodriguez

Christina said... "Can you export a movie from Livetype and place that in FCP?

Is it possible to export a movie from LiveType. I thought Live Type was a stand-alone app that converted the file to a .mov that was imported and rendered into the FCP timeline. Am I missing something regarding your suggestion
"export a movie form LiveType and place it in FCP?
Thanks

Apr 7, 2011 11:10 AM in response to George McLachlan

Yes, you can export a movie from LiveType... I used to do this when I had it installed and used it.

In LiveType, just render your project and save the render as a movie...

+and I found this in the manual...+

Rendering a LiveType Movie for Export
When working with a third-party application, you will need to render your movie
within LiveType prior to importing it.
To render a full-resolution movie of your project for export:
1 Choose File > Render Movie.
2 Choose a filename and location in the Save dialog, then click “Create new movie file.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/livetype2_usermanual.pdf

LiveType will not render in FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.