Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Officejet J6480 WiFi Print is not supported

I want to know if it is possible to print on my HP Officejet J6480 WiFi all-in-one printer. I can print via WiFi without installing any driver on my Motorola Atrix Webtop but not at all on my iPad 2 WiFi version Help!

iPhone 3GS 32GB White, iPhone 4 32GB Black, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 1:48 AM

Unfortunately, your printer is not compatible with Airprint.
However, you can use the HP app in the Store for some printing, or look into Eurosmartz' Print n Share which will support your HP printer.
There are other solutions involving printing via a printer with your Mac or PC switched on, but I would try the first 2 solutions first.
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2011 1:48 AM in response to squarejp

Unfortunately, your printer is not compatible with Airprint.
However, you can use the HP app in the Store for some printing, or look into Eurosmartz' Print n Share which will support your HP printer.
There are other solutions involving printing via a printer with your Mac or PC switched on, but I would try the first 2 solutions first.

Jun 11, 2011 6:47 PM in response to squarejp

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If you're comfortable going 'under the hood', this thread originally started in November 2010 contains a minor tweak to OS X that might work for you:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2658720?threadID=2658720&tstart=0

It allows devices on iOS 4.2 or newer to print to shared wired and wireless printers as long as the Mac is on and awake.

HP Officejet J6480 WiFi Print is not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.