Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband for iPad often disables keys and touchscreen and needs reboot

I have experienced 4 times tonight that I sit and work with Garageband and suddenly it ignores any keypress

The home key does not work. The power key on the top does not work. Volume keys are dead. But the program continues playing and loops through the current song.

Only way to get out is to hold Home and Power for 10 seconds and wait for the iPad to reboot.

And then all you have done since last save is lost. This is very annoying. The program also often crash and closes. I both have an iPad 1 and an iPad2. I do not remember this happening on my iPad 1 with Garageband

The is something goofy with Garageband and with this kind of stability I have little trust in the program now. I have lost hours of work.

I hope Apples soon fixes either the Garageband program or the iOS 4.3.1. One of them is sick and unstable

Kenneth

IPad, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 3:24 PM

There are no replies.

Garageband for iPad often disables keys and touchscreen and needs reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.