Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad user getting error message

I just received my new iPad (original) from the AT&T special pricing promotion. I have a 64 GB WI-FI + 3G model. With the special pricing promotion, I had to also purchase a data plan. I am new to this iPad craze, so please bear with me.

I was of the understanding that somewhere in the iPad settings, I could access information about my data plan, add to the data plan, or cancel the data plan. I though I would find this information in Settings/Cellular Data. However, when I tap on Cellular Data and then tap on View Account, I get a message saying "Your account type does not support the view account feature". So after spending several minutes on the phone with an AT&T tech who had no idea of what I was talking about or trying to do, I ended the call.

Can someone please explain to me in simple language what this "Your account type does not support the view account feature" means? Can someone also explain to me how I access information about my data plan, change my data plan or cancel my data plan? Thank you very much.

iPad

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 4:46 PM

4 replies

Apr 7, 2011 6:45 PM in response to joneya105

I'll try to help.....

I have an AT&T iPad 1 without the 3G data plan active. When I touch the Cellular Data button, it takes a few seconds then a window pops open listing all my info (it's blank) and data plan options.
So it sounds like you are not getting to the popup window due to some error.
Try removing and reinstalling the micro-sim. If that doesn't work, and you live near an apple store or the att place you purchased the iPad from, take it in and have them show you how to get it going or they can fix it.

If you go to Apple, you can make an appointment with an expert online at www.apple.com/retail.

Hope this helps....

May 2, 2011 2:14 PM in response to joneya105

Hello, Your ipad has a postpaid micro sim card that set up with AT&T postpaid plan, you will need a brand new micro sim card from AT&T if you want a prepaid plan and use the view account feature.

The error message " Your account does not support the view account feature (H5006)" is a typical error message on all 3G iPad that purchased from AT&T's website. AT&T set all its iPad up with postpaid plan, so the micro sim card that came with the iPad has a phone # assigned to it. If you want to switch from postpaid to prepaid plan, you will need to have AT&T deleted your postpaid account completely from the system, so you will see no 3G service on your iPad after AT&T finished the process. Don't let AT&T switch your iPad to a Go Phone plan, because your iPad is not a phone. Swap a brand new micro sim card ($5-$6 at Amazon), and reset your network setting on your iPad from the setting>general>reset screen. This process tells your iPad to recognize a new micro sim card and look for 3G signals. Then you should be able to go "view account feature" fill out the credit card information, pick your plans and activate your prepaid plan right on your iPad or even cancel your prepaid plan on your iPad.

AT&T has a support discussion area that many people have similar problem and same situation. It seems like not many people from AT&T know what happened and how to fix the problem. I even need to instruct AT&T people what to do on the phone after I found the answer. Good luck to anyone who has this AT&T 3G switching from postpaid to prepaid problem. Have a great day.

New iPad user getting error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.