Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a keyboard shortcut to Delete Master Images and All Vers

I want to be able to delete all masters and versions, from within aperture; after import with a single keystroke from my main browser or split browser. Can I write a script or create a macro to do this?

Imac I-7, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 11:24 PM

7 replies

Apr 8, 2011 2:59 AM in response to Jbrenner

Jbrenner,

Very strange question. The answer is "no," as you will always have to select photos first (before doing anything), and that would be your first keystroke. Whatever you do next would obviously count as more than a "single keystroke." You can delete your Aperture library from Finder (with Aperture closed), and Aperture will query you to make a new library the next time it is run. This will have the same effect as deleting all your masters and versions.

nathan

Message was edited by: Mr Endo

Dec 21, 2013 12:48 PM in response to Jbrenner

Jbrenner,

Not sure if you have found a suitable workflow. The best option in my view would be the COMMAND EDITOR option.

1. Launch COMMAND --> CUSTOMIZE from Apeture Menue.

2. If you are doing the custom command for the first time you'll have to duplicate the Custom Command menu, this can be done by selecting DUPLICATE on the menue which would by default display DEFAULT.

3. When you duplicate, you ll be asked to save the duplicated Custom Editor.

4. The duplicated custom editor basically will have all the DEFAULT short cut keys and you are now ready to customise it.

5. To customise it, select the Menu action from COMMAND GROUP and simply press the desired short cut for the action on you physical key board.

6. If the SHORT CUT is already used by Apeture, it will prompt whether or not you want to override the DEFAULT, hit yes.

7. As a last step dont forget to hit SAVE on KEY DETAILS tab.

How do I create a keyboard shortcut to Delete Master Images and All Vers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.