7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2013 12:48 PM by Kiran AK
Jbrenner Level 1 Level 1
I want to be able to delete all masters and versions, from within aperture; after import with a single keystroke from my main browser or split browser. Can I write a script or create a macro to do this?

Imac I-7, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • Mr Endo Level 4 Level 4
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone
    Jbrenner,

Very strange question. The answer is "no," as you will always have to select photos first (before doing anything), and that would be your first keystroke. Whatever you do next would obviously count as more than a "single keystroke." You can delete your Aperture library from Finder (with Aperture closed), and Aperture will query you to make a new library the next time it is run. This will have the same effect as deleting all your masters and versions.

nathan

Message was edited by: Mr Endo
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7
    Aperture->Command->Customize But as Mr. Endo wrote you still need to select all the photos first.

Of course if you really want to delete everything you could select the library in the Finder and delete it but that wouldn't be one keystroke either.
  • Allan Eckert Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks
    Even simpler way would be not to import them into Aperture in the first place. That would take no key strokes.

|___________________

Allan
    tiger

Good one, made my day.
  • Allan Eckert Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.notebooks
    Notebooks
    It appears to be what he is asking.

I have my doubts that is what he really meant. I suspect the OP just incorrectly phrased his question.

|___________________

Allan
    tiger

I wasn't using the import feature, because I thought the thumbnails weren't big enough; through this forum though I've realized the errors in my ways and I can now clearly select and de-select prior to import, diminishing the need to delete masters by simply not creating them. Thank you for your help.
  • Kiran AK Level 1 Level 1

Jbrenner,

Not sure if you have found a suitable workflow. The best option in my view would be the COMMAND EDITOR option.

1. Launch COMMAND --> CUSTOMIZE from Apeture Menue.

2. If you are doing the custom command for the first time you'll have to duplicate the Custom Command menu, this can be done by selecting DUPLICATE on the menue which would by default display DEFAULT.

3. When you duplicate, you ll be asked to save the duplicated Custom Editor.

4. The duplicated custom editor basically will have all the DEFAULT short cut keys and you are now ready to customise it.

5. To customise it, select the Menu action from COMMAND GROUP and simply press the desired short cut for the action on you physical key board.

6. If the SHORT CUT is already used by Apeture, it will prompt whether or not you want to override the DEFAULT, hit yes.

7. As a last step dont forget to hit SAVE on KEY DETAILS tab.