Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easy LDAP Client questions

First of all, what is the relationship between /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and the Directory Utility? I ask because if I configure the BASE and URI on ldap.conf (ldap server is setup not to demand tls for now; this is a test), I have no problems using ldapsearch. What about the Directory Utility?

Then what does the Directory Utility do when you go to services and create a configuration that will connect to the ldap server? By that I mean I did provide the search base matching that I first used on ldap.com and set LDAP Mappings to RFC 2307 (Unix) At this point it shows the green light under directory servers and says "The server is responding normally. This server is not in your authentication search policy." What is really happening here? For the lack of a better term, how much am I connected to the ldap server right then? Reason I ask is that ldapsearch claims it can't find ldap server. Doesn't it access the same ldap server the Directory Utility does?

Let's sat I, say, go to search policies->authentication and try to add /ldapv3/auth.in.kushana.com (my poor ldap server). I do the same on Contacts. Still have green lights even after reboot. Yet, ldapsearch still knows nothing of it.

mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 11:55 PM

There are no replies.

Easy LDAP Client questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.