Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background Help.

I want to create a title with a translucent background so that when I export it and put it into Final Cut express the title can overlap a clip already edited. When I am in Livetype editing the background the canvas has the standard grid like background (the supposed translucent background) but when I render the file it always comes out with a solid black back ground. How do I change this? Thanks 🙂

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 12:26 AM

4 replies

Apr 8, 2011 6:56 AM in response to peacesurfmusic

If you're rendering in the animation codec it should still have the alpha channel.

It's better to just use the ipr file.

In other words, save the LT file then merely import it into FCE and place it over your video.

You will have to render it in FCE, but the advantage is if you need to make changes you can open the LT file in Editor and make the changes, go back to FCE and vi=oila the change gets updated

Apr 11, 2011 4:24 AM in response to peacesurfmusic

As Doug said above:

It's better to just use the ipr file.

There's no need to render a movie in LiveType, unless it is going to be used stand alone. Save the LT project file (it has the .ipr ending) bring that into FCE -you can treat this file exactly as if it were a video clip, plus you only need to right click and choose Open in Editor to jump back into LiveType, should you need to change something.

You will need to render the .ipr file once.
Rendering a movie from LiveType means you have to render it twice -once to make the movie and a second render for it to be playable in the FCE Timeline.

Background Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.