Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer video from iphone to ipad for use in iMovie

Please ignore Apple suggesting you have to spend money on the camera kit in order to move movie files from your iphone to your ipad so you can edit in iMovie.

Just email the video to yourself. Open the email in the ipad so that it showing as a file. Click on the curved arrow in the top right section and click save movie.

Voila! Open iMovie and the video is there for edit.

Have fun.

Message was edited by: Bassim SW6

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 9:51 AM

14 replies

Jan 27, 2013 7:06 PM in response to Bassim SW6

When you plug your iPad or iphone into computer there should to a box opened, then you click “view files” to find the videos you want to transfer and do the copy and paste thing. If you didn’t see the box you can click on your home button then go to computer tab, you will see your iphone /ipad, then click on it untill it downloads the photos and videos.

For more details information, you can go through below page of transferring video from iPhone to iPad:

* How to transfer iPhone videos to iPad on PC

* How to copy video from iPhone to iPad on Mac

Try it.

Jul 21, 2013 10:55 AM in response to Bassim SW6

I similarly find the forced use of iPhoto cumbersome.

The easiest method I have found for importing images or video from an iPhone or iPad to a Mac is via Preview.

Simply open up Preview, which is the default image viewer on Macs, and under the "File" menu choose the device that you've connected (your iPhone, iPad or camera). Then, you have the choice of selecting the images or video you want to import and where you want to put it.

It's the "where you want to put it part" that I most appreciate.

Anyway, it's as simple as that.

Hope it helps others!

Feb 2, 2014 9:42 PM in response to markjohnfee

markjohnfee wrote:

When you plug your iPad or iphone into computer there should to a box opened, then you click “view files” to find the videos you want to transfer and do the copy and paste thing. If you didn’t see the box you can click on your home button then go to computer tab, you will see your iphone /ipad, then click on it untill it transfer the iPhone videos to iPad.

Try it.

Why I can't transfer my videos and photos?

Transfer video from iphone to ipad for use in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.