Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect Username/Password for apple.imap.yahoo.com

I've been receiving e-mails with few to no problems since I got my phone 2 years ago. Suddenly, I keep getting the error "The user name or password for 'apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com' is incorrect." I've tried deleting the account and re-entering the credentials, reset my phone, powered off the phone, cleared cookies, cache, etc. from Safari, even changed my passwords. I've read the forums and the responses there-in, but there doesn't seem to be a true solution to this problem. Anyone have a clue how to get around this?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 11:48 AM

7 replies

Apr 14, 2011 5:45 AM in response to omunique2u

I have no solution, but the same problem with my exchange smb server where I've put up some Imap accounts for a couple of people to share.

My leads this far is that this situation comes up when you have to many people/clients at the same time to one Imap account. If it happens, the account is broken as you describe and I can't get it to work again.

This far I've had to create new accounts as a workaround, donnow if its the server och Mac Mail that causing this problem.

Jun 22, 2012 8:15 AM in response to omunique2u

I have the EXACT same problem as Omunique2u - 2 years no problems, now all a sudden I get the same error message. I've tried deleting the account, resetting it, turning the phone off, restoring to factory settings. I had feeling it's a Yahoo issue, so I contacted them and they had me input a new Outgoing SMTP (smtp.mail.yahoo.com) mail server as an alternate. It fixed the problem last night, now today it doesn't work. Just a few minutes ago it started working. Has anyone else found a solution?

Incorrect Username/Password for apple.imap.yahoo.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.