Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i tunes will not drag into i pod

When I try to drag my music over to the i pod ,it creates a black circle with a line through it.and of course nothing goes into my i pod mini

Windows XP, dual core

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 1:31 PM

13 replies

Apr 10, 2011 12:15 PM in response to confused25

WHY ARE YOU YELLING/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/migration-img-not-avail.png User uploaded file 🙂

THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET TO MANAGE MY MUSIC MANUALLY IS BY RIGHT CLICKING ON THE IPOD

What? Right->clicking on your iPod and doing what?

YOU MUST REMENBER THIS IS AN OLD iPOD MINI AND MY PAGES DO NOT SEEM TO BE THE SAME AS YOURS.

Even though your iPod Mini is older it should still be there exactly as it is for all other iPod models. Perhaps you could somehow upload a screenshot of your iPod's Summary page in iTunes like the one above.

B-rock

Apr 10, 2011 10:38 PM in response to confused25

Are you dragging tracks from your main iTunes library, a playlist, or somewhere else? What format are these tracks in? The only other possible issue is that these tracks are somehow not compatible with your Mini. Try converting them to a different format to see if that makes a difference.

Also, watch this short video on manually managing your iPod's contents, just to be 100% certain you are doing things correctly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdNA5mKnzuo

B-rock

Apr 11, 2011 1:29 PM in response to planb77

Hello B-ROCK
Everything seems to OK now,so far.
I cant thank you enough for your help,I am very grateful for your persistence.
It would appear that the items in my ITunes were not really there and if I downloaded them again to I Tunes the black circle changed to the plus sign which is how it should be.
So the verdict is that the black circle with the line through it denotes that the song is not there. All very confusing. The videos were a great help thankyou for pointing them out to me.
Confused 25 (not so confused now)

i tunes will not drag into i pod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.